Lehigh Valley Health Network updates patients’ visits policy, citing improved COVID-19 status
Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) is revising its policy for visits to patients in its facilities because network officials cite that the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues to improve in the Lehigh Valley region.
The updated policy, announced in a June 7 press release, applies to all units in all LVHN hospitals, including emergency departments, as well as locations providing outpatient care.
Masks are still required in all health-care settings, consistent with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
LVHN will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and CDC guidelines and make additional changes as appropriate.
Effective June 9:
• Visiting hours are 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
• Two visitors are permitted per patient.
• Masks are required at all times.
• No children under 12 are permitted, unless approved by patient-care services leadership.
• Adult Behavioral Health: No visits
• Adolescent Behavioral Health: One parent and or guardian at a time