National Take Back Day set for April 24
District Attorney Jim Martin has announced the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration is again coordinating a collaborative effort with state and local law enforcement agencies to remove potentially dangerous controlled substances from homes during the 20th National Take Back Day event, which will be held 10 a.m.-2 p.m. April 24.
Since the first National Take Back Day in 2010, 13,251.5 pounds of medications have been collected in the county. In addition, 25,187 pounds of medications have been deposited in the permanent medication collection boxes that are in most police departments and at Lehigh Valley Hospital-Cedar Crest; Lehigh Valley Hospital-Muhlenberg; Bethlehem; and Lehigh Valley Hospital, 17th and Chew Streets, Allentown.
The following police departments and organizations will participate in the April 24 collection:
• Whitehall Police Department, 3731 Lehigh St.
• Catasauqua Police Department, 90 Bridge St.
• North Catasauqua Police Department, 1066 Fourth St.
• Coopersburg Police Department, 5 N. Main St.
• Emmaus Police Department, 400 Jubilee St.
• Macungie Police Department, 21 Locust St.
• Bethlehem Police Department, Westgate Mall, 2285 Schoenersville Road, Bethlehem
• Wegmans, 3900 Tilghman St., Allentown