Tuesday update: 57,000 vaccine doses administered in Pa. Monday
The Pennsylvania Department of Health confirmed Tuesday that there were 4,628 additional positive cases of COVID-19, bringing the statewide total to 812,495.
There are 3,887 individuals hospitalized with COVID-19. Of that number, 770 patients are in the intensive care unit with COVID-19. Most of the patients hospitalized are ages 65 or older, and most of the deaths have occurred in patients 65 or older.
As of 11:59 p.m. Monday, there were 219 new deaths reported for a total of 20,883 deaths attributed to COVID-19.
There are 83,973 individuals who have a positive viral antigen test and are considered probable cases and 637 individuals who have a positive serology test and either COVID-19 symptoms or a high-risk exposure.
There are 3,579,851 individuals who have tested negative to date.
In nursing and personal care homes, there are 61,888 resident cases of COVID-19, and 11,663 cases among employees, for a total of 73,551 at 1,530 distinct facilities in all 67 counties. Out of the total deaths, 10,266 have occurred in residents from nursing or personal care facilities.
Approximately 22,349 of our total cases are among health care workers.
Pennsylvania hospitals began receiving shipments of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine the week of Dec. 14 and Moderna COVID-19 vaccine the week of Dec. 21. Through Monday, 737,817 doses of vaccine have been administered.
• Carbon County added 46 new cases since Monday for a total of 4,196. Two more deaths were reported for a total of 120.
• Lehigh County has 27,105 cases, an increase of 239 since Monday, with nine more deaths for a total of 661.
• Luzerne County has 21,817 cases, an increase of 55. There were 8 more deaths, bringing the total to 586.
• In Monroe County, there are 67 new cases since Monday for a total of 8,258. Three more deaths were reported for a total of 240.
• In Northampton County, there are 251 additional cases, for a total of 22,277. There were three additional deaths for a total of 549.
• Schuylkill County reported 10,872 total cases, 90 new cases. Five more deaths were reported for a total of 324.